Leaving Las Vegas – Key takeaways from Knowledge 23
The ServiceNow Knowledge 2023 conference has ended and it’s time for our ServiceNow experts to share the most essential take aways from the event.
First time back in Las Vegas after the pandemic you felt the expectation and excitement amongst the ~15 thousand customers and partners who participated during the three-day event.
The conference was kicked off as usual by the ServiceNow CEO Bill McDermott, someone who has achieved somewhat of a rockstar status within the ServiceNow community.
Bill presented the ServiceNow top priorities for the near future and coming 3 releases (Utah, Vancouver, and Washington DC):
- IT Automation – More and better capabilities for automation, including both technical solutions and workflows and workspaces to support this process.
- Digital Experience – Continues focus on user and agent experiences tough out the whole of the platform.
- And Intelligence…
Generative AI within ServiceNow
Intelligence is a current hot topic in the whole industry and society today – and to appear relevant you expect to have a take on this. Therefor you felt the relief and excitement from people in the audience when ServiceNow during the keynote on day 2 revealed the cooperation with NVIDIA to jointly build Generative AI capabilities within the platform capabilities for the enterprise. ServiceNow and NVIDIA will leverage on exiting NVIDIA resources and language models and extend with subsets based on ServiceNow data. Even if still being developed and first version not released until late this or early next year earliest some really exiting use cases was shown and demonstrated during the conference.
- Today developers more and more use ChatGPT to create code for ServiceNow, what if this was available natively within the editor in ServiceNow? So, you are able to write “// query all incident with priority 1” and that code is automatically shown within milliseconds. Code also based on real ServiceNow data models.
- Why be dependent on a developer? Why not as a citizen developer ask Generative AI to create an application for a specific purpose?
- Give instant help and feedback to agents and users in workspaces and portals based on text given, present summarize of incident work notes or guide users solve their problems directly.
The opportunity with Generative AI is endless, but with this comes responsibilities and questions about ethics and how to use it? I think this will become something all organizations need to consider following this shift in the industry. Some governance and control will still be needed. Therefor framework as BTS and partners like Sofigate still is very relevant to guide you how this is done. This was also the topic of Juha Kujala’s (Sofigate Executive CTO) session during the conference “Democratize technology! But don’t let Citizen Developers leave a mess behind”. A fully booked session that raised a lot of interest and question afterwards.
ServiceNow announcements and capabilities
Other interesting announcements and capabilities showcased During Knowledge 2023 was:
- Career Hub, an employee growth, and development solution. Collaborate on individual and team plans to achieve career outcome using AI-powered intelligence.
- ServiceNow Cloud Observability includes capabilities to help site reliability engineering teams manage the complexity of cloud infrastructure using Lightstep’s metrics and connects insights and actions across all the tools, people, and processes involved.
- New ServiceNow.org initiative helps non-profits’ transforms critical work on the Now Platform.
- RiseUp with ServiceNow expands curriculum to include partner courses to help organizations to empower people and get 1 million new ServiceNow skilled people by 2024.
Would you like to learn more about the new and updated capabilities within the ServiceNow platform and how to realize the value of these? Please let us know and let’s co-create!
Finally, we hope to see you next year at Knowledge 24!
Johan Haglund is a longtime developer and architect of ServiceNow and has the position as Business Technology Senior Manager.
Markus Nilsson is a ServiceNow expert and functions as a Business Technology Senior Specialist.
Do you want to know more? Check out our Knowledge in a Nutshell webinar!
|Greetings from Knowledge 2023 in Las Vegas – check out our webinar for the latest ServiceNow related trends and topics!|
|Friends of ServiceNow gathered in Las Vegas for the main event of the year at Knowledge on 14-18 May 2023. Sofigate was of course present at the conference.|