Automate your operating model
Create a seamless flow from new ideas to services, ensure focus on the right things, deliver optimised time-to-value and run efficient service operations.
Every organisation needs to rethink their operating model for the future. However, it’s simply unfair to deploy a new operating model without automation. People should be allowed to focus on analysis and decision-making at work and let technology take care of the boring stuff.
Why you should automate your operating model
The core idea of operating model automation is to minimise the manual work caused by disconnected tools and fragmented ways of working – in practical terms, to get rid of copying and pasting data from one place to another. A seamless flow in digital tools ensures that your people have all the data they need in the right context, and that decisions are followed by automated actions.
In a nutshell, here’s why automation is crucial to a successful operating model reformation:
- Connect all demand and development to business strategy and goals.
- Accelerate time-to-value.
- Create full transparency and traceability from new ideas to operational services as well as feedback loops based on actual user experience.
Ask for an offer
Leave your contact detail if you want an offer or more information about our services:
We are the leading experts of the Business Technology Standard, an open-source, license-free technology management model. It helps you to plan, build and run IT in a technology-driven business world – and we help you make the most out of the BT Standard.
We are the pioneer and leader of ServiceNow in Northern Europe since 2009. ServiceNow is the leading platform for managing end-to-end value streams of business technology.
How operating model automation should be done
The fundamental idea in operating model automation is that organisations should not design their operating model, train their people and develop tools as separate projects or tracks. These need to be delivered in full synchronisation and as one project.
Moreover, you want to learn from the opportunities ServiceNow provides for your operating model while designing it. Training your people should cover not just new roles and responsibilities, but also how ServiceNow will empower the same. And ServiceNow should make following the new operating model so intuitive that no user guides and instructions are needed.
ServiceNow capabilities for operating model automation:
- Innovation management
- Demand management
- Application portfolio management
- Goal framework
- Alignment planner workspace
- Change management
- Technology portfolio management
- Investment funding
- Development portfolio management
- Agile development
- Project and programme management
- Resource management
- Release management
- DevOps integrations
- Test management
- Time reporting
- Digital portfolio management workspace
- Service operations workspace
- IT asset management
- Integrated risk management
- IT service management
- IT operations management
- Security operations
- Business continuity management
What is the Business Technology Standard?
The Business Technology Standard is an open-source management framework for business technology, recognised as one of the leading best practices. We at Sofigate use it as a basis for creating operating models with our customers.
The BT Standard maximises the potential brought by digitalisation, offering best practices for end-to-end development of technology products, solutions and services. It includes the tools and practices to support your transformation journey and build a sustainable enterprise agility culture.
Why the Business Technology Standard is the best way to manage digital transformation:
- It has proven to work well for real business use especially because of its clarity, consistency and simplicity.
- It provides a unified management model covering different technology management areas.
- It is compliant with the most popular expert-level global best practices such as SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), DevOps, IT4IT and ITIL, and connects them in new and innovative ways.
- It is open-source and license-free. The model is available at Managebt.com.
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to discuss – send us a message and we’ll get back to you!
What ServiceNow can do for you
Learn more about why we like ServiceNow and how it can benefit your business!